When you have a small kitchen and every little storage area counts, a good organization of the available space can be a real challenge. Fortunately, there are simple solutions that you can apply very easily to maximize what you have.
- Use, as much as you can, the concept of vertical storage. Hang wall cabinets of different sizes and install bars under them, with hooks for cutlery and pans.
- Choose practical furniture and, if it is too difficult to find something that suits perfectly the limited space you have, order custom furniture designed to match your needs exactly, without getting things too crowded.
- Store the spices in transparent jars, to make it easier to identify them. Glass jars can be stored everywhere, inside or outside cabinets and will help you to not waste time searching the ingredients you need.
- Open shelves are a good alternative to cabinets; they provide adequate storage space for smaller items and keep them in sight and easily reachable.
- The storage space inside your kitchen cabinets can be better organized to gain more space by installing pull-out shelves and hanging systems on cabinet doors as well as on their sides, or call Roll ‘Em Out Shelves to do it professionally.